Applying for Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Renewal FAFSA online at fafsa.ed.gov, or request a paper copy by calling 1-800-4-FEDAID. Don't forget to include Dominican's School Code, 001196.
- Watch our videos: 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA
- California Dream Act: The California Dream Act has made Cal Grants available to undocumented students starting in the 2013/2014 academic year. Information, eligibility requirements and applications can be found at caldreamact.org
- Instructions for using the IRS data retrieval tool on FAFSA :
- Go to FAFSA.ed.gov
- Sign in to make corrections
- Go to Parent and/or Student Financial Section
- "Click" IRS data retrieval tool (link), it will ask you to confirm your FAFSA PIN #, then click "link to IRS" (this will forward you to IRS.gov)
- Confirm tax info on IRS.gov
- Submit taxes to FAFSA (this will forward you back to your FAFSA)
- Confirm data transferred
- Enter wages
- Sign and Submit FAFSA
2013-2014 Application and Verification Forms
Helpful Forms and Websites
Help completing the FAFSA
2013-2014 Financial Aid Award Guides
When awarded with a Financial Aid Award Package, this helpful guide will be included with your award letter to explain your given awards.
- Undergraduate Financial Aid Award Guide
- Adult Degree Completion Aid Award Guide
- Graduate Financial Aid Award Guide
Six Good Tips
Be sure to use the correct year's forms when completing the FAFSA and Dominican Aid Application. The 2012-13 forms cover enrollment periods for Summer 2012, Fall 2012, and Spring 2013 and Summer 2013.
- Dominican's priority deadline for most programs is March 2nd of each year.
- Send verification and tax forms only if requested to do so.
- Verification forms must be fully completed and signed; please be sure to check that no items have been left blank before sending the forms to Dominican.
- If you use estimated income information on the FAFSA, be sure to make a correction to the information as soon as your actual income information is available.
- If you are new applicant for the CAL Grant, be sure to complete your FAFSA and submit your CAL Grant GPA Verification form in advance of the March 2nd deadline.
- The California Student Aid Commission does not make exceptions to the March 2nd deadline.
Office of Financial Aid
50 Acacia Ave, San Rafael, CA 94901-2298
Monday–Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (PST)
Fridays 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PST)