Applying for Financial Aid
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or Renewal FAFSA online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/, or request a paper copy by calling 1-800-4-FEDAID. Don't forget to include Dominican's School Code, 001196.
- Watch our videos: 7 Easy Steps to the FAFSA
- California Dream Act: The California Dream Act has made Cal Grants available to undocumented students starting in the 2013/2014 academic year. Information, eligibility requirements and applications can be found at www.caldreamact.org .
- Instructions for using the IRS data retrieval tool on FAFSA :
- Go to FAFSA.ed.gov
- Sign in to make corrections
- Go to Parent and/or Student Financial Section
- "Click" IRS data retrieval tool (link), it will ask you to confirm your FAFSA PIN #, then click "link to IRS" (this will forward you to IRS.gov)
- Confirm tax info on IRS.gov
- Submit taxes to FAFSA (this will forward you back to your FAFSA)
- Confirm data transferred
- Enter wages
- Sign and Submit FAFSA
2013-2014 Application and Verification Forms
2012-2013 Application and Verification Forms
Helpful Forms and Websites
Help completing the FAFSA
2013-2014 Financial Aid Award Guides
When awarded with a Financial Aid Award Package, this helpful guide will be included with your award letter to explain your given awards.
- Undergraduate Financial Aid Award Guide
- Adult Degree Completion Aid Award Guide
- Graduate Financial Aid Award Guide
Six Good Tips
Tip 1: Be sure to use the correct year's forms when completing the FAFSA and Dominican Aid Application. The 2012-13 forms cover enrollment periods for Summer 2012, Fall 2012, and Spring 2013 and Summer 2013.
Tip 2: Dominican's priority deadline for most programs is March 2nd of each year.
Tip 3: Send verification and tax forms only if requested to do so.
Tip 4: Verification forms must be fully completed and signed; please be sure to check that no items have been left blank before sending the forms to Dominican.
Tip 5: If you use estimated income information on the FAFSA, be sure to make a correction to the information as soon as your actual income information is available.
Tip 6: If you are new applicant for the CAL Grant, be sure to complete your FAFSA and submit your CAL Grant GPA Verification form in advance of the March 2nd deadline. The California Student Aid Commission does not make exceptions to the March 2nd deadline.
Office of Financial Aid, 50 Acacia Ave, San Rafael, CA 94901-2298
Monday–Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (PST)
Fridays 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (PST)