All students, faculty and staff at Dominican must have a working Penguin Pass to utilize the many Dominican provided technology resources as well as to communicate with the University.
What is the Penguin Pass
The Penguin Pass has three components:
- A Dominican Provided ID Card
- A Network User ID (and Password)
- An Email Address that ends with @students.dominican.edu or @dominican.edu.
What Can You Do With Your Penguin Pass ID Card?
The Penguin Pass ID Card allows you to:
- Access Computer Labs, the Conlan Recreation Center and the Dorms.
- Pay for Computer Printouts in the Library
- Pay for Photo Copies in the Library/Guzman
- Pay for Items in the Bookstore
What Can You Do with Your Penguin Pass Network User ID?
The Penguin Pass Network ID (and password) allows you to:
- NEW! Access Research Databases from Off-Campus
- Log In and Use Library Computers
- Use the Wireless Network
- Access selfservice.dominican.edu
- Add $ to your Card
- Find Information on Dominican Operations
- Access a Dominican Provided GMail Account
What Does the Penguin Pass E-Mail Address Provide?
The Penguin Pass GMail Address allows you to receive important emails from:
- Faculty, Financial Aid, Registrar, Provost, Student Life and the IT Department
Additionally, your Dominican GMail account gives you access to Google Apps including Google Docs, Google Talk, and Google Calendar.
How Do I Get My Penguin Pass?
Your Penguin Pass can be setup by visiting the Information Technology Department in the Library. We are located on the first floor next to the art gallery.
- You can get your Penguin Pass 24 hours after you are officially registered for classes.
- FALL semester - we are open the first weekend before school starts (Sat and Sun) from 10 - 2. We have extended hours the first two weeks of the beginning of the semester (M - Th, until 7pm).
- SPRING semester - Regular hours, but will accomodate as needed.
- There is a $20 fee for the replacement of lost cards.
How do I Add $ to My Penguin Pass?
Use of the Penguin Pass is separate from your tuition and Penguin Pass transactions will not appear on your bills. No credit will be extended for transactions using the Penguin Pass - all transactions must be pre-paid by adding value to your Penguin Pass.
- You may add value with a Mastercard or Visa at Self Service. Log in with your Dominican Penguin Pass account, go to Finances/Make a Payment/Penguin Pass.
- Parents or guardians may make online deposits for students with a Mastercard or Visa: Read detailed instructions.
- There is a value add station in the Library adjacent to the circulation desk which accepts $1, $5, $10, $20 and $50 denominations.
The Blackboard Payment Gateway, the payment solution used for online deposits and e-commerce purchases, as well as point of sale IP credit card transactions, adheres to PCI DSS standards and has been independently validated as PCI DSS compliant for four consecutive years, most recently in May 2008. Blackboard is considered a level one service provider by the PCI Security Standards Council and major card associations.