Issue: Error on login: "cookies required"
When using Internet Explorer
On some people's computers, the security settings in Internet Explorer can cause this error from time to time.
Solution: Try using another browser, such as Mozilla Firefox to access Moodle.
If you don't have it on your computer yet, you can download it for free here:
When using any browser
- Your authentication request may have "timed out". To fix this, exit your browser entirely, and then relaunch your browser and go to http://moodle.dominican.edu. Click on the login button, and login again.
- Make sure you go to http://moodle.dominican.edu to login. Do not try to go directly to https://auth.dominican.edu. You need to go to moodle.dominican.edu first to login.
- Make sure you bookmark http://moodle.dominican.edu. Do not bookmark https://auth.dominican.edu. If you are creating a bookmark, it must go to moodle.dominican.edu, then you can click "Login" from the moodle.dominican.edu main page.
Issue: Responses to threaded discussions not displaying, or other viewing problems.
UPDATE: "Trusted Sites" security settings in Internet Explorer 7 as well!
Possible Culprit: "Trusted Sites" security settings in Internet Explorer 6
- Open Internet Explorer, then go to Tools, Internet Options.
- Find the Security Tab, then click on it.
- Select "Trusted Sites" and click on the Sites button.
- A new window will popup. Uncheck the "Require server verification (https:)" check box, then add at the top add, http://moodle.dominican.edu, click the add button and verify it adds to the list, then click OK.
- Once this is done click OK again to the general option page, and close and re-open IE.
- Then navigate to http://moodle.dominican.edu and in the bottom right of the IE window you should see the 'Internet' sign change to 'Trusted Site'. This indicates we've added it as a trusted side and your pc has lowered it's security settings.
Possible Culprit: McAfee Security Center
- Open the McAfee Security Center.
- Click on the Privacy Service to open its menu.
- Click on Configure Privacy Service Options.
- Click on the Allow List tab and add duc.blackboard.com as an allowed list.
- Click on Block Ads tab and be sure both boxes under this tab are NOT checked before clicking on "Apply" button.
- These boxes are:
- Block Ads on this computer.
- Block Pop Ups on this computer.
- Close McAfee Service Center.