Dominican Online Moodle Courses
Moodle is a courseware system that many Dominican faculty use to teach or augment their teaching. Through Moodle students can access course materials such as syllabi and assignments; e-mail addresses and web links; online discussions; grades and more.
The url is: http://moodle.dominican.edu
Use your Penguin Pass user ID and Password. For information on obtaining or using your Penguin Pass click here.
Assistance: Questions about Moodle at Dominican?
Read this page first to find out about common tasks like logging in.
A Moodle manual is available online. Click the Help tab at the top of Moodle.
Ask your professor first.
Log In Tips
- Make sure that you are going to the correct address: http://moodle.dominican.edu. Do not go to "moodle.com" or "moodle.org". Those addresses are incorrect.
- You must have a working Penguin Pass user ID and password. For information on obtaining or using your Penguin Pass click here.
Where are my courses?
- Courses are available in Moodle 2 weeks before the start date of the course
- Courses are removed from Moodle 4 weeks after the last class of the course
Printing Word and Excel Documents
- The easiest way to print a Word or Excel document from a PC is to begin from the screen where the document is listed, rather than from the document itself. If you are already viewing the document, hit the Back button on your browser to return to the previous screen.
- Use the right mouse button to right-click on the link to the document that you would like to print. A menu will appear. Select "Print Target" or "Print" from that menu.
Printing PowerPoint Presentations
PowerPoint presentations should be printed in the "handout" format, with six slides per printed page. This avoids the waste of using an entire piece of paper for each slide.
- To print a PowerPoint presentation, begin from the screen where the presentation is listed, rather than from within the presentation itself. If you are already viewing the presentation, hit the Back button on your browser to return to the previous screen.
- Use the right mouse button to right-click on the link to the PowerPoint presentation that you would like to print. A menu will appear. Select "Save Target As" or "Save As" from that menu. Save the presentation to your computer's desktop.
- Go to your desktop and open the presentation. The PowerPoint program should open.
- In PowerPoint, go to the "File" menu and choose "Print."
- In the lower left corner of the print box, click on menu below the words "Print what." Select "Handouts" then hit the "OK" button.