The Teaching and Learning Center (TLC) is located on the first floor of Bertrand in Hall, Room 110 and can be reached at 415-257-0153. The computers are used for testing and tutoring sessions.
- 8 PCs
- 2.0 Ghz Pentium CPU
- 256 Mb RAM
- 80 GB Hard Drive
- DVD / CD ROM
- 19" Monitor
- Windows XP
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Office 2007
- Write 'n' Cite
- CLEP testing
- 1 Laser Printer
The following policies apply to the TLC Lab.
- Use of the TLC services and resources is limited to currently enrolled students, staff, and faculty at Dominican. Appropriate identification may be requested.
- The TLC is designed to preserve a quiet atmosphere where you can use the facility without disturbance. Keep conversations at a level that allows others to concentrate.
- The TLC is a cell-phone free environment. Keep your cell/pager on quiet mode and step outside the room to use your phone.
- Use the TLC intelligently and courteously. If you engage in inappropriate behavior, you may be asked to leave. Inappropriate behavior includes any activity that disturbs others or their safety, interferes with the operations of the TLC, damages the building or its furnishings, as well as rudeness, profanity, etc.
- The TLC will not be liable for personal injury, or loss or damage of data or personal items.
- TLC staff members are available to assist with course-related pursuits only.
- Food and drinks are not permitted at the computers. However, you may have food and drinks at the tutoring carrels and in the conference area.
- You may borrow books and videotapes for a maximum of two days with a maximum of two resources checked out at a time.
- It is not the function of the TLC to provide extensive internet search assistance. You can obtain such assistance from the reference librarians at Alemany Library.
- Notify a TLC staff member immediately if you experience a computer or printing problem such as a virus, a jammed disk, a paper jam, etc.
- Computers are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Reservations are accepted for placement testing only. Sign in before using a computer and sign out when finished.
- If others are waiting, you will be asked to relinquish the computer after one hour.
- Computers are available for professional and educational use only.
- You may use your own laptop in the TLC, but you will not be able to access the internet.
- Do not change the appearance of the Windows desktop, download software from the internet, disconnect hardware, or adjust computers or monitors.
- When finished using a computer, don't forget to Log Out/ Off
- If necessary, you may be asked to print on recycled paper.
- Do not load paper into the printer. Ask a TLC staff member for assistance.
Note: TLC Note: staff members may change the Guidelines & Policies from time to time at their discretion.