The Communications Lab is located on the second floor of the Library off the center lobby. This lab is heavily used by the Communications Department, as well as the Education Department. This lab has machines oriented towards image and photo editing and video editing.
The lab was completely upgraded in August of 2010 with new workstations and a television studio.
- 22 iMac Computers, 2 function as instructor machines
- iMac Specs
Built-in iSight camera
2560 by 1440 pixels resolution
One FireWire 800 port; 7 watts
Four USB 2.0 ports
SD card slot
- TV studio equipment
- Overhead LCD projector
- All machines are dual booting machines - Mac and Windows OS
- Windows XP on Windows side
- Microsoft Office 2007 for Windows; Microsoft Office 2008 for Macs
Adobe Creative Suite Design Premium 5
- 1 HP 5550 Color LaserJet Printers
- 3 miniDV / S-VHS Decks
- Whiteboard on front of classroom.
- Instructor workstation with projection capability.
- TASCAM US-428 Audio Mixer
- 2 Digital Cameras
- 5 Video Cameras
- 2 Mini CD Recorders