Location and Hours
- Office location: Bertrand Hall, Room 108
- Office Hours: Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 6s:00pm, and Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm (Wednesday closed from 12-1:00pm)
- Phone: (415) 458-3750
- Fax: (415) 458-3730
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Vice President for Academic Services & Registrar
- Marianne oversees the management of the Academic Services area, which includes the Registrar’s Office and the Academic Advising & Achievement Center. Generates and edits the Academic Catalog; acts as the Primary Designated School Official for the Immigration Dept. of the US government; certifies student athletes for NCAA II eligibility; participates in the Retention Team, and the Curriculum and Educational Policy Committee and the Dominican Operations Work Group.
Registration & Records Specialist
- Margarita manages and maintains permanent student records; processes all grades and grade reports; logs and processes academic and fiscal petitions; processes all student contracts – Honors, Internships, Teaching Assistantships and Independent Studies; processes leaves of absence & withdrawals; assists with walk-in services; chairs the Fiscal Petition working group and PACE Registrations.
- Colette is responsible for the department’s data integrity and functionality, which includes data management/validation, testing, and reporting in the Ellucian PowerCAMPUS academic records system. She coordinates departmental operations, oversees the department’s web presence, serves as an internal trainer, and as a consultant to the Information Technology and Academic Advising and Achievement departments in matters related to PowerCAMPUS. Chair: Academic Petition Committee.
Transfer Evaluation/Articulation Officer
- Xiomara determines the acceptable credit for all transfer applicants; oversees the maintenance of Undergraduate & Graduate student transfer data records in PowerCAMPUS; processes Petition to Challenge Courses forms; GPA calculations for all Cal Grant applicants; authorizes courses to be taken off-campus; serves as liaison between Dominican and other schools in developing and maintaining articulation agreements;
- Shannon serves as primary receptionist for the office; processes most registrations and enrollment changes; processes transcript requests and enrollment verifications; updates student contact information; certifies students for Veterans Administration benefits, serves on the Academic Petition working group.
- Shallie ensures reliable and timely information, as well as efficient and user-friendly business process, related to graduation progress, degree conferral, and advancement to candidacy, under the supervision of the AVP for Academic Services/University Registrar. Authorizes the conferral of degrees and certifies degree progress for all enrolled students. Provides advisor training on PowerCAMPUS Academic Plan software. Collaborates with the Director of Academic Advising and Achievement and Department Chairpersons in clarifying degree requirements and in developing communications and training for students on interpreting and maintaining their own degree audits.