Phone: (415) 482-3770, Ext. 7
- BSEE w/minor in Biotechnology, 1987, Universidad Simon Bolivar, Venezuela
- E.U. Industrial Engineering Professional Certification, 1991, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
- Matriculation in General & Organic Chemistry, 1997, Seton Hall University, South Orange, NJ
- Executive Program, 2000, Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley
- Single Subject Teaching Credential, Mathematics, 2005, Dominican University of California, San Rafael, CA
- M.S., Education, 2006, Dominican University of California, San Rafael, CA
Teaching and Research Interests
Current research interests include the areas of History of Mathematics and Science in the XVI through XVIII centuries; cognition and epistemology, the nature of mathematics problem solving, and the design of instruction in the mathematics field.
Current teaching interests include lecturing at the Mathematics Department, as well as at the Business Department and the MBA program in different topics regarding International Business and Product Management.
Awards & Honors
- Bell Labs President’s Silver Award, for outstanding innovation and technical excellence, March 2000
- Dominican Scholar 2007 for distinguished academic achievement. This is the highest academic award granted by Dominican University of California. April 2007
- National Prize for Best Thesis in the Telecommunications Area, 1986
Cooking, Reading, Cinema, Martial Arts; Active member of the International Aikido Federation (Tokyo, Japan) since 1992, and currently holding the rank of Nidan.