The admissions committee will consider several factors when evaluating candidates for admission to the University including undergraduate grade point average, work experience, statement of purpose or intent, and goals and achievements. Applications are reviewed and evaluated and admission decisions are made on an ongoing basis. Space is limited, so early submission of application materials is advised.
International students have additional requirements.
Master of Science in Education—Interdisciplinary
- Completed Application for Admission: Apply Online!
- Teaching credential not acquired at Dominican
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning
- Official transcript of course work from each college or university attended (undergraduate and graduate). Transcripts must be in a sealed envelope sent directly from the college or university. Students who received their undergraduate degrees from institutions outside the United States must also submit a course-by-course evaluation of these transcripts. Please see requirements for international applications. A grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 is required for the last 60 units of graded undergraduate or graduate course work.
- Two letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
- Resume: professional and/or personal
- Statement of purpose or intent: a brief essay (500 words) describing professional and/or personal goals and reasons for obtaining a graduate degree
- Interview with the Ukiah Center program director
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- Applicants whose undergraduate degree is from an institution where instruction was in a language other than English must show proof of competency in English. Proof may be shown through one of the following:
- TOEFL: 550 Paper, 213 Computer, or 80 IBT (For more information, visit www.ets.org/toefl/)
- IELTS: 6.0 (For information about IELTS, visit www.ielts.org)
- PTEA: 53 (For information about the PTEA, visit www.pearsonpte.com)
- Completed ELS Language Center's Level 112 with a 3.0 GPA
- International transcripts must be accompanied by a course-by-course credential evaluation
- Photocopy of Passport Photo
- Official Declaration of Financial Support