If a candidate needs to withdraw from a school placement, he/she follows this process:
- Speak with his/her seminar leader/supervisor and program coordinator and secure his/her approval
- Speak individually with his/her school site coordinator and directing teacher(s) about the change and, together, plan the withdrawal from the classroom
- Arrange to transfer all grade books and grading systems back to his/her directing teacher(s); complete all grading before the transfer
- Return all books, keys, and materials borrowed
- Write a letter to the school site coordinator at the school, expressing appreciation for the experience in the school and for the investment (in time and resources) its personnel have made. Provide copies of this letter to the directing teacher(s) and to Dominican’s program coordinator.