Some candidates, based on his/her individualized academic plan, choose to use paid teaching in a non-public/private school (religious or independent). In order to meet program standards, these candidates must also complete a public school experience; typically this pubic school experience occurs during the summer. These candidates are placed by Dominican’s placement coordinator, using the following guidelines:
1. Daily journal reflections on his/her teaching experience, what his/her students are learning and how they know that;
2. Weekly observation notes from his/her school site supervisor (the classroom teacher or school administrator);
3. Weekly observation notes from his/her university supervisor;
4. Final evaluation form, Form #9/9A or Form #10/10A, completed by the school site supervisor (the classroom teacher or school administrator) and his/her university supervisor.
5. Complete documentation must be submitted to the program chair within two weeks of the completion of the summer session.