1. Provide orientation for support providers about Dominican’s program.
- Serve as Dominican’s representative in completing the Internship Agreement (Form #12A).
2. Understand the requirements of the intern’s state approved professional preparation program.
3. Attend intern program orientations, seminars or training, as needed.
4. Observe the intern teaching and provide feedback in accordance with University procedures.
- Weekly classroom observations of each intern in the intern’s first semester, six observations per semester in all subsequent semesters
- Confer with the intern before the observation to:
- Set goals for the observation
- Review the lesson plan
- Meet with each intern at the school site after the observation to provide him/her with constructive feedback on his/her progress
- Give specific, written, constructive feedback to provide the intern with sufficient information to facilitate “coaching,” reflection-on-practice, and evaluative processes (see Form #6/6A)
5. Be available as a resource to answer the intern’s questions and to provide mentoring.
- Encourage and support the intern in developing and implementing a variety of teaching strategies
- Assist the Intern, as necessary, in determining strategies and practices regarding classroom management and control issues
- Share observations with other members of the intern's support team to ensure a complete cycle of communication
- Work with the intern to ensure satisfaction of the University’s expectations
6. Meet regularly with the intern’s support provider.
7. Maintain a written record of classroom observations and conferences.
8. Participate with the intern’s support provider in assessing the intern’s progress each semester and document the credential recommendation at the end of the preparation program.
- Meet with the intern and support provider at the midpoint and at the end of each Dominican semester (except the final semester), to discuss the intern's performance and agree on areas that may need to be improved in order to pass supervised teaching. Complete Form #7.1.
- In the final semester, meet with the intern to discuss the final evaluation, Form #9/9A or Form #10/10A. File completed form with the program coordinator. Collect completed evaluation forms from support provider and file with the program coordinator.
9. Write a letter of thanks on behalf of Dominican to each support provider [Optional].
10. Write a letter of recommendation at the intern’s request [Optional].