1. Complete Peer Coaching training and attend any additional meetings or training.
2. Develop effective coaching and communication skills.
3. Understand the requirements of the intern’s state approved professional preparation program.
4. Help orient the intern to school and district procedures, routines, and regulations.
5. Develop a sustaining and thoughtful mentoring relationship with the intern.
6. Meet weekly with the intern to offer guidance and consultation (Form #12B).
7. Meet regularly with the university supervisor and the intern.
8. Participate with the university supervisor in assessing the intern’s progress each semester.
9. Be available as a resource to answer the intern’s questions and to provide general support and mentoring.
10. Share instructional ideas/materials with the Intern.
11. Serve as a role model for the teaching profession.
12. Conduct guided conversations with the intern to reflect on and self-assess classroom performance.
13. Conduct formal and informal classroom observations and provide specific written feedback to the Intern a minimum of two times per year.
14. Maintain a monthly Activity Log documenting meeting times and topics and submit monthly to the NCBTP staff.
15. Work with Intern to maintain the Intern Program Summary. Sign completed summary and mail to the NCBTP office annually.
16. Complete local and state program evaluation activities.