1. Assign the intern to a paid teaching position authorized by the Single Subject, Multiple Subject, or Education Specialist Credential. Interns are paid on a full, non-reduced teacher’s salary, based on the district’s regular salary schedule.
2. Identify and assign a qualified district support provider and facilitate support provider compensation.
3. Provide up to five release days per year for each district support provider and/or intern. These release days may be used for observations, professional development, and/or to address the Intern Program responsibilities.
4. Provide appropriate district orientation and training for the intern, support provider and university supervisor.
5. Acknowledge the novice status of interns and adjust assignments accordingly.
6. Acknowledge the need for the intern to attend University courses and adjust the schedule accordingly.