1. Conduct weekly professional development seminars for student teachers.
2. Encourage and support student teachers in developing and implementing a variety of teaching strategies.
3. Facilitate student teachers completion of the CalTPA Tasks.
4. Facilitate education specialist student teachers construction of the Preliminary Portfolio.
5. Submit student teachers’ grades for the seminar. A passing grade is dependent upon:
6. Write a letter of recommendation at the student teacher’s request. [Optional.]
EXPECTATIONS WHEN OBSERVING
1. Before the Beginning of the Semester
2. For Weekly Observations (during supervised teaching)
3. During the Semester
a. Plan and teach standards-based units
b. Experiment with a variety of grouping strategies – whole group, individual, small groups
c. Differentiate daily instruction for students with special needs and instructional challenges and for English learners
d. Experiment with a variety of instructional strategies – projects, think/pair/share, reciprocal teaching, literacy strategies, SDAIE strategies, multiple modalities, guest speakers, multiple intelligences
a. Call parents with concerns and kudos
b. Keep a parent contact phone log
c. Attend parent conferences