1. Participate in a middle school or high school for the entire public school semester.
2. Design unit, weekly and daily lesson plans and share these with their Directing Teachers.
3. Schedule and participate in a weekly conference with each directing teacher.
4. Confer weekly with your university supervisor, following the supervisor’s observation of a lesson.
5. Be open to suggestions and learn to become aware of how others perceive you.
6. Demonstrate professional conduct and obligations at the school site (see Chapter 1), including the following:
7. Keep a notebook of lesson plans, feedback, and reflection on your teaching.
8. Assess one student (identified for this purpose by the directing teacher) and participate in writing and presenting an IEP at a regularly scheduled IEP meeting.
9. Complete one Behavior Support Plan (BSP) or Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) on a student identified for this purpose by the directing teacher.
10. Dual candidates observe other general education teachers at least once a week throughout the entire semester.
11. Participate in two Progress Conferences with your supervisors, using form #7.1, Progress Conference with Teacher Candidate: (1) in the 5th week of the semester with each directing teacher and university supervisor for each placement; and (2) in the 10th week of the semester with the university supervisor for each placement. Additional conferences may be scheduled as needed.
12. Schedule and meet individually with directing teachers and university supervisor individually to discuss the completed Evaluation of a Education Specialist/Single Subject Candidate's Teaching Performance form, Form #9/9A, at the end of the student teaching.
13. Complete your Preliminary Portfolio
14. Participate in a closing conference.
15. Complete the Teaching Performance Assessment (CalTPA).
16. Meet with the Credential Analyst to finalize your credential filing with the CTC.
17. Complete Program Evaluation forms, Forms #15A to #15F at the end of student teaching.
18. Complete the Program Completion Questionnaire, Form #14.