1. Participate actively as a member of the school community in an elementary school for the full day for 15 weeks.
2. Participate in two different assignments: the first placement is nine weeks long; the second assignment is six weeks long.
3. Observe in the general education classroom where you will teach (beginning in week #10) one day per week during your special education placement.
4. In the first placement (9 weeks) assume full responsibility for at least three weeks, under the direction of a special education directing teacher.
5. In the second placement (6 weeks), team teach and/or solo with a general education directing teacher.
6. Meet at least weekly with the directing teacher to review lesson plans, reflect on instruction, and plan improvements.
7. Meet at least weekly with the university supervisor to discuss planning, appropriate instructional strategies, assessment skills and IEP skills.
8. Keep a notebook of lesson plans, feedback, and reflection on teaching.
9. Assess one student (identified for this purpose by the Directing Teacher) and participate in writing and presenting an IEP at a regularly scheduled IEP meeting.
10. Complete one Behavior Support Plan (BSP) or Behavior Intervention Plan (BIP) on a student identified for this purpose by the directing teacher.
11. Participate in two Progress Conferences, using Form #7.1, Progress Conference with Teacher Candidate: (1) mid-way in the first assignment, with your directing teacher and university supervisor; and (2) mid-way in the second assignment, with your directing teacher and university supervisor.
12. Schedule and meet individually with directing teachers and university supervisor individually to discuss the completed Evaluation of a Education Specialist/Multiple Subject Candidate's Teaching Performance form, Form #10/10A, at the end of each placement.
13. Complete your Preliminary Portfolio
14. Participate in a closing conference.
15. Complete the Teaching Performance Assessment (CalTPA).
16. Meet with the Credential Analyst to finalize your credential filing with the CTC.
17. Complete Program Evaluation forms, Forms #15A to #15F at the end of student teaching.
18. Complete the Program Completion Questionnaire, Form #14.
19. Demonstrate professional conduct and obligations (see Chapter 1), including the following: