At the end of the semester prior to student teaching, the Professional Standards Committee of your program or the program director will assess your preparation for student teaching. To be admitted into the second phase of this credential program, which includes student teaching, you must demonstrate satisfactory progress toward the Program Student Learning Outcomes. This decision is based upon you having:
1. Met the basic skills requirement for admission to student teaching.
2. Met the subject matter requirement for admission to student teaching.
3. Submitted character clearance through the Certificate of Clearance (recorded on Form #3).
4. Submitted current tuberculosis clearance (recorded on Form #3).
5. Feedback from school personnel on your readiness for student teaching.
6. Reports from Dominican instructors on your successful performance in all program courses.
7. Submitted other documents or requirements prescribed by your program.
All required documents must be received by your program chair/coordinator by December 10th in order to student teach during the spring semester or by June 10th in order to student teach during the fall semester. Passing scores on all required exams must be received by December 10th in order to student teach during the spring semester or by June 10thin order to student teach during the fall semester.
If the committee or program coordinator finds that you are not prepared for successful student teaching, you will not be admitted into the student teaching portion of your program.