Diane A. Suffridge, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Professional Licenses and Memberships
- Licensed Psychologist, California Board of Psychology, License #PSY10707
- American Psychological Association
- California Psychological Association
- Marin County Psychological Association, President 1999, Board member 1998-2000
- Northern California Society for Psychoanalytic Psychology
- San Francisco Psychotherapy Research Group
- Ph.D., Psychology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- M.A., Psychology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky
- Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy Training Program, Institute for Contemporary Psychoanalysis North, San Francisco
Areas of Expertise and Professional Practice
- Private practice of psychotherapy and consultation in Corte Madera 1987-2008; in San Rafael since 2008
- Childhood trauma
- Personality disorders
- Depression and anxiety
- Life/work balance for women professionals
- Supervision and training of behavioral health clinicians
- Suffridge, D. (In press). Entering the behavioral health field: A handbook for new clinicians. Author.
- Suffridge, D. (1991). Survivors of child maltreatment: Diagnostic formulation and therapeutic process. Psychotherapy, vol. 28, pp. 67-75.
Workshop and Symposia Presentations
- Suffridge, D. (2014). Treating Personality Disorders: A Comparison of McWilliams’ Model and Control-Mastery Theory. San Francisco Psychotherapy Research Group, Annual March workshop.
- Suffridge, D. (2014). An Introduction to DSM-5. Marin County Psychological Association, Continuing Education Workshop.
- Suffridge, D. (2013). Helping Interns with Case Formulation and Treatment Planning. Community Institute for Psychotherapy, Supervisor Training.
- Suffridge, D. (2013). Legal and Ethical Issues. Bay Area Community Resources, Supervisor and Staff Training.
- Suffridge, D. (1995). Transitional Objects and Dissociative Phenomena in Adult Psychotherapy: Learning to Use Blankets and Teddy Bears., Community Institute for Psychotherapy, Seminar for Mental Health Professionals.
- Suffridge, D. (1993). Clinical Treatment Strategies with Borderline & Narcissistic Clients: A Masterson/Control Mastery Dialogue. Marin County Chapter of California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists, Annual Workshop.
- Suffridge, D. (1991). A Theory-based Treatment Approach for Survivors of Child Abuse and Neglect, American Psychological Association, 99th Annual Convention.
Courses in 2014-2015
- CP 5200 Introduction to Counseling: Client Centered and Crisis Intervention
- CP 5237 Psychopathology
- CP 5294 Fieldwork in Counseling