Alissa Hirshfeld-Flores, M.A., MFT
Adjunct Faculty in Psychology
Professional Licenses and Memberships
- Marriage and Family Therapist, #34568
- Certified Spiritual Director
- M.A., Counseling Psychology, California Institute of Integral Studies, San Francisco
- A.B. Fine Arts, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA.
Areas of Expertise and Professional Practice
- Individual Psychotherapy with adults, seniors, adolescents, and children
- Couples and Family Therapy
- Grief and Loss
- Life Transitions
- Post Partum
- Spiritual Issues
- Alissa Hirshfeld-Flores, "This Whole Wide World Is Just a Narrow Bridge," Infinity, 2011.
- Alissa Hirshfeld-Flores, M. A., M. F. T. “Youth Bereavement Program Handbook" Hospice by the Bay, 2006.
- Alissa Hirshfeld-Flores, M. A., M. F. T. “Supporting our Children Through Grief.” The California Therapist. California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. Jan/Feb. 2001.
- Joseph Schildkraut, M. D. and Alissa Hirshfeld, A. B. “Rain of Lyres, Circuses of Melancholy”:Homage to Miro. In Depression and the Spiritual in Modern Art: Homage to Miro. Ed. Joseph Schildkraut, M. D. and Aurora Otero. John Wiley & Sons Ltd. 1996.
- Joseph Schildkraut, M. D.; Alissa Hirshfeld, A. B.; and Jane Murphy, Ph. D. “Mind and Mood in Modern Art II: Depressive Disorders, Early Death, and Spirituality in the Abstract Expressionist Artists of the New York School.” American Journal of Psychiatry. April 1994.
Workshop and Symposia Presentations
- Alissa Hirshfeld-Flores, M. A., M. F. T. “Youth Bereavement Program Handbook.” Presented at the California Hospice Foundation Conference, Berkeley, CA, March 2006 and at the National Hospice and Palliative Care Conference, San Diego, CA, April 2006
- 2008—2012: Presentations on Working with Grief and Loss, in adults and children, at Kaiser Permanente, Santa Rosa; guest lecturer at Santa Rosa Jr College and Sonoma State University.
Courses in 2013-2014
- CP 5218 Geriatrics and Long-Term Care