Teaching and Research Interests
Life transitions; loss and grief; communication for couples and colleagues; guided imagery and metaphoric dialogue; Brief Solution-focused and Narrative therapy; co-creative groupwork; gestalt techniques; dual career marriages; and mentoring psychotherapists development. Psychotherapy practice in Kentfield, Ca.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Gayle, R. Metaphoric Dialogue workshop. Presentation at Imagery International Annual Conference, 2011.
- Gayle, R. (2011). The Mentoring Relationship: Co-creating Personal and Professional Growth. In R. Klein, H. Bernard, and V. Schermer (Eds), On becoming a psychotherapist: the personal and professional journey. Oxford University Press.
- Gayle, R. (2010). Metaphoric Dialogue. The Journal of Imagery International, 14, 15-16.
- Gayle, R. Meaning Makers: Co-creating meaningful structures in group psychotherapy. Presentation at The American Group Psychotherapy Association annual meeting, February, 2010.
- Gayle, R. (2009). Co-Creating meaningful structures within long-term psychotherapy group culture. International Journal of Group Psychotherapy, 59, 311-333.
- Gayle, R. (1994). An interaction between western psychotherapeutic methodology and eastern buddhist spirituality. University Microfilms International, Bell & Howell. Ann Arbor, Michigan.
- Gayle, R., published as Tribble, R. (1984). Dual career marriages: problems, satisfactions, therapeutic considerations. Pastoral Psychology Journal, 35(3).
- Gayle, R. (2008, 3rd ed.). Individual Case Study and Treatment Plan Guide. Department of Counseling Psychology, Dominican University of California.
- Gayle, R., & Danielson, J. (2007). Group Case Study and Treatment Plan Guide. Department of Counseling Psychology, Dominican University of California.
- 2010 Alonso Award for Excellence in Psychodynamic Group Psychotherapy. Awarded by the Group Psychotherapy Foundation for the paper "Co-Creating Meaningful Structures within Long-Term Psychotherapy Group Culture" published in The International Journal of Group Psychotherapy (July, 2009).
- 1999 Excellence in Teaching Certificate for Advanced Counseling Techniques: Groups, and Fieldwork Seminar. Awarded by the School of Arts and Sciences, Dominican University of California.
- Licensed Marriage, Family Therapist, MFC 23345
- Board Certified and Registered Hypnotherapist, 2677
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists
- American Group Psychotherapy Association
- American Association of Professional Hypnotherapists
- American Association of University Professors
- Imagery International