The major is comprised of three parts: foundational humanities courses, a concentration track, and capstone courses. See course descriptions.
All together, these courses provide breadth in the humanities. Students take one 3-unit course in each of the following areas:
- Art History (global or broad time period)
- History (global and broad time period)
- Philosophy (there are five preapproved courses to choose from)
- Literature (any upper division literary analysis course)
- Language (any college level course)
Electives in the Major
12 units of humanities and cultural studies elective courses.
Students take the following courses in their junior and senior year.
- Internship (arranged through Career and Internship Services for academic credit)
- Humanities Seminar I (seminal texts of the Western world)
- Humanities Seminar II (seminal texts of the non-Western world)
- Senior Project and Workshop (a two-semester process)
Hum Buzz: Student Stories
Student Research Projects
Career and Internship Services