- Organize and record General Education Board meetings and regular FYE faculty and leadership meetings. Maintain intranet page where appropriate.
- Manage the scheduling of courses for First Year Experience “Big History” and “Colloquium” programs.
- Maintain the GE catalog copy with GE course offerings and requirements and update regularly.
- Organize and co-facilitate all FYE faculty development and events, including summer institutes, retreats, weekly or bi-weekly lunches, etc.
- Organize FYE student events, co and extra-curricular. This includes organizing student events of various sizes on and off-campus, communicating with outside organizations to arrange student field trips and guest speakers, and communicating with Dominican units to arrange various details of events.
- Collect and facilitate processing of confidential GE student forms (course substitutions, requests to take courses off campus, etc.)
- Collect, organize, and present to the GE Board biannual GE and Colloquium course applications, and inform applicants of decisions.
- Coordinate assessment events for GE, Colloquium, and FYE and collect and disseminate data resulting from such events. This may include booking rooms and ordering catering, prepping assessment materials, and collecting and disseminating the resulting data in an appropriate form.
- Co-manage department finances with budget managers (GE, FYE, Colloquium).
- Coordinate and/or participate in FYE Big History events with Admissions and Family Weekend.
- Manage travel for FYE faculty where pertaining to FYE program. This includes facilitating travel to and attendance at conferences and events, updating and maintaining memberships, registration, and booking flights and hotels.
- Write GE, FYE, and Colloquium program materials to aid internal and external promotion. This includes drafting and updating content for programs’ websites and intranet pages, maintaining and updating Facebook page(s), editing program related content and articles.
- Maintain faculty teaching materials on student resource pages.
- Bachelor 's degree
- Minimum three years of experience in an office environment experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills and abilities
- Strong employee customer service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be professional, diplomatic and able to serve a variety of constituents with equity, fairness and tact
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by March 6, 2014; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Click the hyperlink below or cut/paste it into your browser and scroll to the bottom of the posting. Click the option, "Submit your resume/CV to this job"
- Click upload Resume/CV button
- A cover letter is required
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link: https://dominicanuniversity.hua.hrsmartpe.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/281
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.