- Act as the first point of contact for the Human Resource Department, answering phones and greeting visitors, providing answers, information and direction to employees, supervisors and position applicants.
- Maintain department goal to be a resource center on campus.
- Support delivery of annual Performance Management program. Act as an expert and champion for system and tool. Provide tracking and monitoring of completed appraisals. Assist with communication efforts to supervisors and employees to establish urgency and importance of participation.
- Under the guidance of the Director of Human Resources, provide employee coaching/counseling with an attentive results and resolution focused response to concerns and questions.
- Purchase and maintain all office supplies and equipment for efficient and effective department functioning.
- Manage employment paperwork and forms.
- Retrieve, sort and prioritize incoming mail and packages and ensure daily delivery of outgoing mail and Business items.
- Provide calendar management for the department as needed.
- Enter and manage all data in HRIS.
- Maintain and update the online directory.
- Coordinate event and meeting logistics including room scheduling, catering, communications, invitations and event set-up and hosting.
- Help to coordinate annual Employee Service Awards event.
- Manage and advocate Penguin Pat employee recognition program.
- Perform other duties and projects as requested.
- Bachelor's degree highly preferred
- Minimum of three years experience in Human Resources or related field
- Knowledge and applied experience with resolving constituent concerns
- Strong employee customer service orientation with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and abilities
- Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite
- Must be professional, diplomatic and able to serve a variety of constituents with equity, fairness and tact
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by July 16, 2014; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Click the hyperlink below or cut/paste it into your browser and scroll to the bottom of the posting. Click the option, "Submit your resume/CV to this job"
- Click upload Resume/CV button
- A Cover Letter is required
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link: https://dominicanuniversity.hua.hrsmartpe.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/300
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.