- Take a lead role in controlling the University’s Operating and Capital Budgets and projecting results, working closely with the Budget Group, Human Resources and Center Managers.
- Work closely with Center and Budget managers to analyze spending, identify areas to reduce costs, and develop strategies that ensure best practices in the use of university resources.
- Develop and implement a process to analyze and monitor University cash flow, and identify areas to maximize cash or utilize financing options.
- Work closely with the Procurement team to assist in vendor and contract management to identify redundancies or efficiencies, and to identify areas for bidding and negotiation.
- Take a lead role in the maintenance of personnel analysis to ensure accurate projection of all personnel expenses, working closely with Human Resources and Payroll.
- Participate in regular meetings held with the Budget Group, University Leadership, the Budget & Priorities Committee, and the Center Managers related to budget management and development.
- Develop and review financial models and templates with appropriate university constituents; collaborate to understand and meet information needs.
- Assist with projects as needed including the upcoming HRIS implementation.
- Establish system controls and develop procedures to improve existing systems.
- Manage and coordinate all reporting requirements and technology enhancements.
- Prepare and maintain documentation of policies and procedures and identify areas of improvement.
- Actively seek and implement ways to improve, streamline and automate processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in accounting, finance or related field.
- Minimum four years of experience in financial analysis, planning or comparable experience.
- Strong analytical skills, adept at variance analysis, projecting revenues and expenses, and cash flow analysis.
- Ability to create complex automated spreadsheets using advanced formula.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple projects independently and setting priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to complete projects in a timely and accurate manner, often working under pressure with conflicting priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works and collaborates well within a team environment.
- Provide a service-oriented approach to clients, both internal and external.
- MBA or CPA
- Higher Education experience
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by March 3, 2014; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.