- Respond to inquiries, answer questions and troubleshoot complaints and problems. Oversees and/or manages multiple projects; anticipates and tracks critical dates, events, and organizational issues; follows up with appropriate parties to ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage Provost’s calendar, with respect to priorities and deadlines, understanding the need for both flexibility and structure when responding to requests and resolving scheduling conflicts as they arise. Responsible for keeping Provost on schedule and informed of all matters requiring the Provost’s attention.
- Anticipate, draft, prepare and send professional, effective correspondence, including memos, e-mails, and letters. Review and edit presentations and other documentation.
- Manage documents requiring Provost’s approval and signature ensuring timeliness.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings, prepare agendas and other necessary documents, reserve and prepare rooms, and oversee catering orders as needed.
- Oversee and manage faculty data, including personnel files and information spreadsheets.
- Responsible for filing systems and ensuring all pertinent information and supporting materials are retained. Responsible for faculty contract generation, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Independently researches and analyzes issues and/or compiles materials needed for presentations and/or decision making purposes. Takes responsibility for special projects. Prepares studies as needed; writes narrative.
- Assist Provost with travel arrangements, hotel and car reservations, and itineraries as well as coordination as needed with other colleagues.
- Coordinate and communicate with Deans’ Assistants regularly regarding academic initiatives and activities.
- Manage the meetings of the campus reappointment committee and a subcommittee of the Board, take minutes and distribute materials.
- Organize or assist with special events sponsored by the Provost Office and/or the President’s Office, such as Academic Affairs Retreats.
- Record and track all expenses for the Department. Compare against the monthly budget. Reconcile and submit monthly P-card statements. Review and prioritize purchasing requests.
- Partner with and support search committees and the Human Resources Department regarding faculty position search efforts.
- Collaborate and coordinate with the President’s Office, any Dean’s Office, or other campus departments as needed.
- Represent the Provost office at meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BA Required; Masters Preferred
- Minimum five years related experience serving as administrative support or office manager, preferably in an academic environment
- Professional demeanor
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, advanced data management, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills, use of correct grammar and spelling essential
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interact professionally with trustees, the University President, faculty, students, and the general community
- Flexibility to multi-task and change tasks as dictated by workflow demands
- Ability to handle sensitive issues in a professional and confidential manner with the highest discretion necessary at all times
- Ability to work with grace under pressure and to take initiative when necessary
- Able to navigate between big picture understanding and detail-oriented work
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by November 18, 2013; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.