- Design, implement, and monitor assessment process for assessing student learning outcomes for degree programs and general education; including mapping program learning outcomes to the curriculum, courses, and major course assignments, monitoring annual assessment plans for each degree program to assess student learning outcomes, identifying assessment strategies and instruments appropriate for assessing program student learning outcomes, and advising academic departments on the use of assessment information for program improvement.
- Conduct analysis of data gathered for general education assessment, and program level assessment.
- Interpret assessment data, prepare annual assessment reports, and effectively utilize assessment results to improve academic programs.
- Interpret assessment findings and prepare an annual assessment report to summarize such findings, with particular emphasis on the quality of the assessment efforts and findings that influence institutional decision-making and policy development. Plan, organize, and coordinate assessment activities.
- Support continuous academic program assessment and improvement of student learning through consultation, mentoring, and professional development for program chairs and directors, faculty, and staff, individually or with the assessment committee.
- Work with professionally-accredited programs when reporting student assessment data to specialized accrediting agencies (e.g., AACSB, CCNE, CCTC); work with accreditation staff when reporting student assessment data to the WASC Senior College and University Commission.
- Work with the office of institutional research when responding to externally mandated reporting requirements from state and federal agencies.
- Work with directors (co-curricular) and in student affairs units to develop, implement, and monitor and an assessment plan for co-curricular programs. Performing other duties as assigned or apparent.
- Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline
- At least 3-5 years of assessment experience showing progressive growth in responsibilities
- Demonstrated understanding of assessment of student learning, assessment of academic administrative departments, and experience or familiarity with regional and professional accreditation agencies
- Exceptional relationship building skills with an understanding of the complexities of academia
- Data gathering and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strategic acuity, excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills, as well as diplomacy and confidence in working with faculty and other university leaders individually or in larger groups
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Substantial experience in current assessment and evaluation practices in higher education
- Doctoral degree in an appropriate quantitative discipline such as social or natural sciences, mathematics or statistics, or higher education administration.
- Higher education classroom teaching experience
- Experience in or knowledge of the nature and operation of small universities and colleges
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by July 14, 2014; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Click the hyperlink below or cut/paste it into your browser and scroll to the bottom of the posting. Click the option, "Submit your resume/CV to this job"
- Click upload Resume/CV button
- A cover letter is required
- For further questions on the application process, please contact email@example.com
- Link: https://dominicanuniversity.hua.hrsmartpe.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/299
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.