The opportunities for the next Dean include the following:
- Lead a data-driven approach to assembling a student body that is aligned with Dominican’s mission and its aspirational vision and which allows the admissions and financial aid team to invest in strategies that yield long-term results;
- Create and implement a recruitment strategy that is in alignment with the University’s enrollment goals and ensures matriculation of a student body that is increasingly international and representative of the diverse backgrounds in California and the Pacific Rim;
- Devise a financial aid policy to optimally leverage resources in the recruitment and retention of students, including full-tuition paying students and those requiring financial assistance; and
- Work with colleagues on the faculty and staff to develop an increasingly clear conception of which kinds of students thrive at Dominican and establish a record of success in enrolling such students at the University.
Successful candidates for Dean of Admission and Financial Aid will demonstrate the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Master's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Demonstration of increasing responsibility in undergraduate admissions and financial aid, including managerial responsibility, ideally within a private institutional setting;
- Strong leadership abilities, a documented track record of success in achieving institutional enrollment goals, and a history of recruitment strategy formulation based on data analysis;
- Track record in international recruitment, including formulating and implementing a strategy for recruitment of international students;
- Familiarity with predictive modeling and strategic distribution of institutional financial aid;
- Demonstrated ability to manage an organization and work effectively with colleagues in a higher education community;
- Ability to serve as a spokesperson for the University including excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A collaborative style and the ability to motivate teams to meet time-sensitive deadlines;
- Highest standard of personal ethics and integrity; and
- Commitment to the values embodied in the mission statement of Dominican University of California.
To View the Full Position Specification Visit:
Nominations, inquiries, and expressions of interest should be forwarded in confidence to: DUCadmissions@storbeckpimentel.com
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.