- Receive, return and redirect incoming phone calls made to the primary office number.
- Provide detailed information about academic policies and procedures to students, staff, faculty, parents, and all other inquirers.
- Assist students with online and in-person registrations and certification requests.
- Manage the Dominican online transcript ordering process hosted by the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC); issue official and unofficial academic transcripts; correspond with requesters as needed; oversee any necessary edits to transcripts for correcting errors, omissions, or printer-related issues; ensure the accuracy of the logs for transcript requests and certifications in NSC.
- Manage updates to all contact information in the student information system (SIS).
- Act as primary manager of all departmental correspondence, including appropriate distribution of incoming correspondence and paperwork within the department.
- Coordinate the course cancellation process: update course status and enrollment data in the SIS, interface with Business Services on any refunds due, and notify affected students.
- Perform graduation audits for degree candidates, share data via Google spreadsheet.
- Participate in the Academic Petition Committee.
- Share rotating responsibility for convening the weekly staff meeting, answering the Registrar hotline, and hosting the Registrar@dominican e-mailbox.
- Participate in annual workshops, trainings, and/or conferences.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years of experience in a higher education records office
- In depth knowledge of Family Privacy law regarding student records (FERPA)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, Google docs, Internet software, and database software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to understand, interpret, and convey information about policies and procedures clearly and accurately
- Attention to detail; ability to focus on detailed data entry, collating of official materials, and providing excellent customer relations within a busy work environment with competing deadlines
- Strong employee customer service orientation
- Must be professional, diplomatic and able to serve diverse constituents with equity, fairness and tact
- Proficient in Ellucian PowerCampus student information system
- 3-5 years of work experience in a college or university Registrar’s Office
- Membership in PACRAO, AACRAO, or a state ACRAO organization
- Strong commitment to service, organization, cooperation and teamwork
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by July 10, 2014; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Work hours are Monday through Friday, although some weekend or evening hours may be required over the annual
- Commencement weekend in May
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Click the hyperlink below or cut/paste it into your browser and scroll to the bottom of the posting. Click the option, "Submit your resume/CV to this job"
- Click upload Resume/CV button
- A cover letter is required
- For further questions on the application process, please contact email@example.com
- Link: https://dominicanuniversity.hua.hrsmartpe.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/298
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.