Program Administration and Coordination
• Maintain and update advertising and promotion of the Ukiah Center’s activities on all applicable media.
• Prepare memoranda, letters, reports, statistical charts, procedures, office documents, publications, and other correspondence.
• Process pay requests, expense claims, mileage reimbursements, purchase orders, and invoices; receive, process, and track directing teachers' stipends.
• Plan, organize and complete projects involving events, reports, surveys, and research, or other projects as assigned.
• Serve as an information source regarding all programs’ policies and procedures.
• Receive, review and verify application, enrollment, credential and other documents, records and forms for accuracy, completeness and conformance to applicable state and University rules, regulations, policies, procedures; process documents in compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Coordinate student registration processes for credential and Master’s degree programs.
• Proctor, process payment for, and prepare official acknowledgement of completion letters for the U.S. Constitution exam.
• Coordinate course registration; add/drop forms, independent study forms, incompletes, grade rosters, and transcripts procurement with the Registrar.
• Provide administrative support to instructors regarding student enrollment, course attendance, course completion, course evaluations, and grades.
• Represent Ukiah Center Director at professional meetings, activities, and events as needed.
• Serve as credential analyst to assist candidates and teachers in preparing credential applications, respond to inquiries, and clarify credential requirements, laws and regulations.
• Verify applicants’ eligibility to apply for credentials.
• Research and interpret, explain certification laws, regulations, and policies.
• Maintain and update a variety of manuals/handbooks related to credentialing.
• Receive, analyze, and process applications for preliminary and professional clear credentials.
• Monitor student progress toward meeting credential requirements; notify students of deficiencies.
• Attend annual state credentialing conferences, and other related trainings and workshops.
• Maintain regular communication with the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing concerning credentialing procedures and concerns, and keep abreast of changes in laws, rules and regulations affecting credentialing procedures and requirements.
• Collaborate with the San Rafael campus credential analyst on credentialing issues.
Recruitment, Admissions, Advising and Student Support
• Serve as the initial contact with prospective students; conduct preliminary information interviews.
• Coordinate advertising and participate in evening information sessions.
• Coordinate all communications with students, including notification to all prospective students regarding upcoming information sessions, pre-registration, registration, orientation, course offerings, and schedules.
• Advise applicants on the availability of financial aid and the application process.
• Counsel students regarding required coursework to fulfill degree and/or credentialing requirements.
• Maintain recruitment records for inquiries, information session attendees, entrance interviews, and admission applications using the student information system.
• Advise applicants and students regarding prerequisites and coursework requirements.
• Coordinate and participate in fall orientation sessions for new students.
• Facilitate student contact and problem solving with the Financial Aid, Business Services, Registrar, the School of Education and Counseling Psychology, and all administrative offices.
• Plan, coordinate, and participate in local and regional recruitment opportunities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Minimum of 2 years administrative experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience with database management
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality, while communicating clearly and interacting effectively with students, faculty, and staff from a broad range of programs and disciplines
• Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work to independently manage timelines
• Adapt to a periodic heavy workload and flexible hours
• Work evening and weekend hours
• Understand and represent the University’s and the Ukiah Center’s mission and vision
• Work collaboratively in a variety of situations, and work simultaneously on several major projects
Additional Position Information
• Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity (E/O) Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment
• Must be willing to consent to a background check
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
• Application deadline: Open Until Filled
• Click the hyperlink below or cut/paste it into your browser and scroll to the bottom of the posting. Click the option, "Submit your resume/CV to this job"
• Click upload Resume/CV button
• For any additional uploads please click the link again, enter your password information and click the "Career Center"
• For further questions on the application process, please email email@example.com
• Link: https://dominicanuniversity.hua.hrsmartpe.com/ats/js_job_details.php?reqid=215