- Responsible for managing a database of prospects and maintaining records of contacts, to remain in compliance with NCAA, Conference and University regulations.
- Assist with the recruiting of potential student-athletes by way of evaluation, in-person contact, phone conversation, letters, mailings, and the coordination of unofficial and official visits and the related compliance paperwork.
- Assist in developing a comprehensive and strategic game plan for each scheduled contest throughout the season.
- Attend practice on a regular basis and organize and conduct team instructional activities to include practices, scheduled contests and effective year-round conditioning.
- Responsible for the organization and coordination of a wide variety of administrative tasks as assigned by the Head Coach, which include, team travel, contest scheduling, budget preparation and administration, facility usage, public relations, marketing, fundraising, community service and other daily operations for the program.
- Assist in overseeing the academic success of the student-athlete and assist with academic problems.
- Responsible for knowledge of, and adherence to, department, University, conference and NCAA rules and regulations pertaining to recruiting, eligibility, and general operation of the Softball program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Coaching and/or playing experience at the college level in the sport of Softball and an understanding of NCAA rules compliance is required. In lieu of college level coaching experience, a combination of coaching experience at the high school, college, professional or national team level and playing experience at the college, professional or national team level in the sport of Softball will be considered
- Able to use MS Office programs
- Able to use NCAA computing systems
- Must be able to pass the NCAA Coaches Certification Test. Failure to comply with NCAA regulations can result in suspension w/out pay, termination, fines, institutional loss of scholarship and bans on post-season competition.
- Sufficient dexterity to operate all office and vehicle equipment
- Must be willing and able to drive departmental vehicles (and have a clean driving record evidenced by a positive DMV pull)
- Prior experience with recruiting, skill instruction, practice/game plan development, and administrative responsibilities in the sport of Softball
- Experience in a Division II Softball program and excellent organization and communication skills
- Certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by September 8, 2014; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Send Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.