- Promote the Men’s Lacrosse program in accordance with the institutional mission of Dominican University (DUC) by ensuring the policies and programs developed for Men’s Lacrosse coincide with institutional guidelines and policies.
- Attendance at all games and practices. Integrating specific conditioning program into practices and drills and setting individual expectations both during and outside of practice.
- Teaching offense/defense strategies.
- Ensure student-athlete adherence to all team policies and procedures.
- Scouting of opponents.
- Break down of practice and game film.
- Establish game plans, plays, formations and strategy to best utilize student-athlete skills and strengths. Identify and develop best methods of instructing student-athletes on these approaches. Other duties as assigned.
- Proven record of successful coaching at the university or upper-level high school in men’s lacrosse.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
- Must possess the ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately with minimal supervision
- Able to use MS Office programs
- Must be willing and able to drive departmental vehicles (and have a clean driving record evidenced by a positive DMV pull)
- Experience recruiting qualified student-athletes at the collegiate level.
- Experience using film breakdown software. (HUDL, Krossover, Espor, etc.)
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by August 7, 2014; however additional applications may be considered until the position is filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Click the hyperlink below or cut/paste it into your browser and scroll to the bottom of the posting. Click the option, "Submit your resume/CV to this job"
- Click upload Resume/CV button
- A cover letter is required
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link: https://dominicanuniversity.hua.hrsmartpe.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/304
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.