Assistant Professor, Management
Dominican University of California is seeking dynamic individuals for two new full-time, 9 month, tenure- track positions to teach courses in Management. Candidates should have an earned doctoral degree (ABDs considered) and active research agenda. Responsibilities include teaching courses, publishing in high quality journals, mentoring students, and participating in service to the university. The School of Business and Leadership at Dominican University of California seeks to enhance the professional and personal development of our students through highly personalized and engaged learning experiences. We currently offer an MBA program with concentrations in strategic leadership, global management, and sustainable enterprise. At the undergraduate level concentrations include accounting, finance, international business, management, and marketing. Our small class size, teaching and mentoring philosophy, and core values of study, reflection, community and service create a distinctive experiential learning environment for our students.
- Teach Graduate and Undergraduate courses in one or more of the following areas: Entrepreneurship, International Business, Human Resource Management, Leadership, Operations Management, Organizational Development, Small Business Management, Sustainability and other related areas
- Contribute to the school through scholarly inquiry resulting in publications and service to the university
- Weekend classes will be required as a part of the teaching load
- Doctoral degree from an AACSB accredited institution with expertise in one or more of the above mentioned areas
- Prior college level teaching experience is preferred
- Prefer candidates with a record of publications and/or an active research agenda
Additional Position Information
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by November 1, 2013; all applications will be considered until the position is filled
- Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Generous benefits package
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job
- This position to commence August 2014 subject to final budgetary approval
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15, with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Please click the link below and scroll to the bottom of the posting. Click the option, "Submit your resume/CV to this job"
- Click upload Resume/CV button
- For any additional uploads please click the link again, enter your password information and click the "Career Center"
- For further questions on the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link: https://dominicanuniversity.hua.hrsmartpe.com/hrsmart/ats/Posting/view/264
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.