- Teach three unit course at Undergraduate level
- Evaluate and grade student work and provide feedback to students
- Mentor and advise students on the progress of their projects and coursework
- Uphold academic performance standards and integrity
- BUS 4034: Auditing - Concepts and problems in the substantiation of financial and related information, including ethical, legal and other professional issues, evolution of auditing trends, and current issues. Application of auditing standards, methods and procedures of auditing: sampling methods, control systems, control design, and control evaluation.
- BUS 4921: Forensic Accounting - overview of forensic and investigative accounting, including providing an understanding of the nature and development of forensic accounting, an understanding of fraudulent financial reporting and employee fraud and how to detect and prevent these accounting crimes, courtroom procedures and litigation management and support, cybercrime management, and business valuations. Included in course discussion are indirect methods of reconstructing income, money laundering, computation of economic damages, and forensic accounting in action.
- Master’s Degree and CPA required, ABD or PhD preferred
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate level preferred
Additional Position Information
- Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university of Catholic heritage, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. The University is located 12 miles north of San Francisco nestled in the foothills Marin County. Over 73% of our faculty members hold a PhD or the highest degree in their field of expertise, mirroring the percentage of doctorates at research universities. Dominican has a 1:11 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 15 with a small-town feeling in a park-like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
- Email CV/Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sue Stavn, Assistant Dean Academic Programs
Dominican University of California
50 Acacia Ave, San Rafael, CA 94901
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment.