dominican logo top
 
You are here: Home / About Dominican / Visiting Dominican / Photos of Campus / Administrative / Magnolia House

Magnolia House

Magnolia house was built in 1918 by the Williams Family for their daughter Corona on the event of her marriage. This magnificent Colonial mansion radiates the love of East coast architecture that Corona brought home from her schooling at Radcliff. The original house was 3,000 sq. ft. and in 1928, the house was doubled when the library wing was added. This addition increased the size to 11 bedrooms and five and one half baths.
Magnolia_house_13b.jpg

 

In 1974, the property changed hands, and the new owners lovingly restored and enjoyed this exceptional property. Dominican University is proud to have acquired this wonderful property, and to be able to continue the tradition of stewardship of its grounds.

Located on over 1.3 level acres, the estate encompasses a gated entry with a long gracious driveway, lawns, beautiful English gardens, mature landscaping, plus a 4 car garage and workshop.


Common Sites & Pages


Students

Faculty & Staff

Alumni/Parents